An email followed by a few phone calls saw me driving to the county of Angus in Scotland to buy a fine mixed collection of 95 Hardy reels with a few rods included.
The owner was initially was going to try eBay, however when he considered listing 95 items, taking approx. 500 good photographs, making a technical description, answering queries, packing and posting 95 items (assuming they all sold) paying the eBay fees, refunding returns and possibly losing a few in the post, it all made perfect sense to sell to us as one collection.
I arrived at 9am, deal done, payment made and gone by 10-30am, everybody happy, 700-mile round trip and back home.
The collection is very varied, here are a few of the interesting items in no particular order:
- Hardy 7” Fortuna big game reel
- Hardy Jock Scott HJS multiplier
- The Hardy match fisher reel, only made between 1937- 28
- Various Silex reels including Super, Superba & Major
- Wooden Hardy Nottingham reel with line guide
- Lightweight reels including Silent Check, Multiplier and a green Princess with box, rarely seen Featherweight multiplier reel in case, Hardy Perfect with line guide, Elarex, Hardex, Hardy Altex no 2, assorted St Andrew, Sovereigns, Prince saltwater fly reel, Marquis Multipliers.
- Standard models include Eureka, Hardy Triumph trotting reels, Marquis Salmon No 3 Silent check, Uniqua 3” Hardy Sunbeam, a rarely seen Hardy Decantelle reel, The Goodwin, JLH and Ultralite reels, Hardy Angel and Swift reels, Hardy Cascapedia & Bougle reels
- Hardy the Complete Angler set and Hardy centenary no. 54 reels and rods all unused with cases
This is a stunning collection with something for collectors, users and traditional anglers.
Remember, for a hassle-free deal please contact us with any collection of vintage model or fine useable tackle you may have. It doesn’t have to be Hardy, just get in touch with me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org