Farlows Regal 175th Anniversary Fly Reel RHW #4/5
Brand new and unused. Manufacturers retail price £749.
Farlows Regal 175th Anniversary Fly Reel RHW #4/5 Weight 7.58 ounces
Limited Edition – Serial Number 2 located on the inner spool. Made in England.
Comes in branded Farlows 175th Anniversary presentation box and leather/canvas padded reel case.
To celebrate their 175th anniversary in 2015, Farlows teamed up to create the Farlows Regal 175th Anniversary Fly Reel with a leading British aerospace engineering firm who hold the prestigious AS9100 accreditation (AS9100 is a widely adopted and standardised quality management system for the aerospace industry), the result is not only British but the best of British manufacturing available.
The Regal fly reel is designed and crafted by aerospace engineers. No corners have been cut and no decisions have been made to reduce cost; the driving force through the core of this project has been precision engineered quality.
Key features include:
- Naval brass as standard on all brass accents and fittings (The classic marine, high-strength and corrosion-resistant alloy)
- Phosphor bronze clamps and bushes used on all moving parts (Renowned for its strength and toughness coupled with high corrosion resistance and excellent bearing properties)
- Hand polished faux ivory handle and vacuum hardened 17-4 PH stainless steel line guide, gear and pawl
- Def Stan type 3 hard anodised spool, face and cage (Making the reel’s coating scratch resistant and tougher than steel)
- Blued horseshoe calliper spring
- Brass palming rim
- Traditional machine cut engraving
- Individually serial numbered
The result is a reel that is not only ‘built like they used to’ but is actually built better than they used to!